Dr. Ashima Mehta is a gifted physician with over 25 years of experience. Inspired by a personal commitment to optimum health, wellness, and enjoyment of life, Dr. Ashima Mehta is passionate about New Trend’s mission: to bridge the continuum of health care from internal health to external beauty. Over the years, Dr. Mehta has been privileged to see women thru many stages in their life: the teen years, childbirth, and menopause. Each of these times carries its own influences on her appearance. These concerns arose daily and patients actively voiced their desire to optimize their appearance. It is an integral part of her patient care to advise them on skin care, treatment for acne, stretch marks, anti-aging, and leg veins and much more…This is what led her to conceptualize what is now New Trend Medical Spa.
Dr. Mehta has been in practice for over 25 years in the area and is held in high regard amongst her large patient base. Dr. Mehta’s expansion into the health and beauty industry is a natural one as her patients have asked for years for the kinds of procedures offered at New Trend.
Dr. Mehta has extensive training in cosmetic dermatology including advanced training in Botox, dermal fillers and laser procedures. This intensive training combined with multiple seminars and courses on the latest treatments allows Dr. Mehta to provide highly customized service to her patients.
Dr. Mehta began her professional career as a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist. She is a fellow of The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a member of the North American Menopausal Society, making her a certified practitioner in Menopause.
- Fellow of American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member of North American Menopause Society
- Advance Training in Botox, Dermal Fillers and Lasers at The Ageless Aesthetic Institute
- Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Health Awareness Chair Member Indian Medical Association
- Illinois Sate Medial Society
- American Medical Association
- Indian Medical Association
- American Association of Physicians from India
Dr. Mehta is plays an active role in her community holding numerous board positions. The boards she has been involved in over the years include:
Board of Directors Positions
- APNA GHAR (A charitable organization for victims of domestic violence)
- Vice President of APNA GHAR 2000-2002
- Dupage Medical Society
- Club of Indian Woman (a charitable organization for developing and empowering women)
- Planned Parenthood of Chicago
Call New Trend Medical Spa, Vernon Hills, at (847) 984-0407 for more information on skin care. Libertyville, Gurnee, Mundelein and surrounding areas are encouraged to stop in for a free consultation and skin care analysis.